The Iridex VariLite system, from the USA, is a complex solution in the field of laser treatment of skin lesions. It is used in the therapy of many diseases, such as vasogenic changes, change in vessels of the lower limbs, mild pigmented lesions, skin lesions, inactive acne vulgaris and the removal of individual hairs.
To close the vessels, the laser emits a beam of energy which passes through the layers of skin to a specific depth and is absorbed selectively by the red blood cells – haemoglobin. The breakdown of red blood cells (selective thermolysis) causes the blood vessels to tighten, which results in them being destroyed. It is then absorbed by the surrounding tissues during the normal metabolic processes.
The package includes:
The Closure of Blood Vessels with VariLite is permanent, but does not stop the formation of new vessels, this is due to predisposing factors such as sun exposure, rosacea, venous
circulatory disorders, etc.
Laser Closure of Blood Vessels with VariLite should be repeated between 1 to 5 times, with intervals of 6 weeks between each treatment. The final number of treatments depends on the amount of changes, size, colour, depth and location of the vessels. To remove a small, single vessel, 1 procedure is enough, whereas if the area has multiple cracked capillaries, repetition of the treatment will be necessary. The same rules apply for the closure of blue veins.
up 60 mins
up 60 mins
1. Pregnancy, breast-feeding, post-partum period
2. Cancer (ongoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy)
3. Hormonal treatment
– individual hormonal therapy
– infertility treatment
– thyroid disease treatment
– antibiotics (break between the last dose and the treatment is a minimum of 4 weeks)
– anticoagulants (blood thinners)
– retinoids (break between the last dose and the treatment is a minimum of 6 months)
5. Cosmetics with:
– vitamins A, C and E
– fruit acids
6. Herbal Remedies (stop use a week before treatment)
– St John’s Wort, calendula
– herbal slimming teas
– herbal antidepressants
– sun tanning
– sunbed (stop use 4 weeks before treatment)
– self – tanning creams (stop use 4 weeks before treatment)
8. Exfoliating products should be stopped a week before the procedure
9. Bleeding disorders
10. Untreated diabetes
11. History of keloids
13. Dermatological skin changes
– nevus (moles, beauty marks etc)
– photodermatoses (skin sensitivity to the sun)
– reticularis (mottled skin)
– vitiligo (relative contraindications)
14. Open wounds
15. Allergic skin reactions
16. Epilepsy (relative contraindication)
19. Alcohol (24 hours before and after)
Please note we have raised our 2nd Class Shipping price. Please expect delays in shipping due to COVID-19. Parcels can take up to 14 working days and there are no guaranteed arrival days.